Saturday, March 21, 2009

Baby Food

So I just got done making baby food for Elle. It was so easy (and CHEAP) I cannot believe I didn't make more for Ryann when she was a baby. I made some for her, but thought it was easier to buy it. Now I have 3 ice cube trays of baby food all ready to go! Here is a picture of the carrots:







I also feel the need to document this nasty infection I had on my lips this week. I don't know who all reads my boring blog, so sorry if this is too much information for you! But last Friday I got some nasty bumps on my lips and it turned out to be impatigo (a gross staph infection) which meant I missed 3 days of work and looked hideous. I only want to put these pictures up here for myself to look back on and for those of you I told about it so you can see how nasty I looked. Its pretty much gone now, after an antibiotic cream and antibiotic pills. Anyway, this is what I looked like: (GROSS!!!!)




Actually, those pictures don't make it look all that bad. But believe me, it was AWFUL. It hurt to eat anything and it was yellowish and so gross looking. Brett made fun of me all week cuz I looked so nasty. He said it looked like I had lip injections that went WAAAY wrong.

So this week has been interesting. As soon as I was able to go back to work on Thursday, my girls got sick. They have not been sleeping much at all because they have both been running fevers and coughing like crazy. It has not been fun at night around here. Then to top it all off, Ryann wet her bed on Thursday night because she drank so much water before bed from all her coughing. That hasn't happened since last summer with her. Luckily, I still have a plastic mattress cover on her bed so we were able to just wash that down and change her sheets. Hopefully we all feel better soon around here! (Did I mention that I caught their cold and have been sniffling and sneezing all day????)

On a happier note, Brett finished our dishwasher and I LOVE IT!!!! It is so nice to be able to wash the pieces of my breast pump in there and Elle's bottles. They feel extra clean! He also started getting our new water softener ready to go in, and is almost done with the book case. Brett also got a really nice bonus this week which allowed us to catch up completely with our bills and will allow me to not feel so stressed out all the time. We have a plan to build a savings account (YAY!) and have some emergency money set aside. My plan is to someday be able to call in to the Dave Ramsey Show and yell that we are debt free!!!! "Someday" being the key word here.

Well, I am ordering seeds for my garden I am going to plant this summer (never done it before, we'll see how it turns out) so I am done blogging for the day.

No comments: