Wow....life has been way too busy around here. I feel like I can never sit down and relax. While most of it is my own fault for trying to be a working mom (don't do it! it is TORTURE), the other part is due to Elle being an AWFUL sleeper and me getting pregnant a mere 5 months after having Elle!!! Its been crazy around here, but I better update just to keep track of life in the Wallin house.
Soo...in May I found out I was pregnant. I went in for an ultrasound since I was not sure WHEN I got pregnant. They only saw a sac and no baby. Ok....maybe things are ok, maybe not. I went in and had blood drawn to check my HCG levels and over almost 4 days they only doubled, and should have quadrupled. They were also very high (22,000 to 54,000), so I had another ultrasound in which they did not see a baby again and my doctor told me I was having another miscarriage (I had one before Ryann and one after Ryann). LOTS of emotion over those couple weeks! First the shock of being pregnant, then the sadness of miscarriage. I had to wait another week for yet another ultrasound in which they found a little baby with a heartbeat! YAY! Turns out I was barely 4 weeks along the first time and they just couldn't see the baby yet. As for my high levels - it is NOT twins, so no idea why so high. So I am now 11 weeks and almost to the all-clear part of the pregnancy. And also pretty much looking pregnant already....YUCK....my body is probably like "what the heck? werent you JUST pregnant???" which seems to also be the response I get when I tell people that I am pregnant!! (Also my response to that positive test!!)
So in addition to that, I stupidly took a job at summer school this summer instead of being done working. And regretting it! Brett went on overnights for the next 6 months working thursday thru sunday 9pm to 9am, and i work monday thru thursday. This means we can never do anything together!!
So....we have been to the cities and went to the Tower Days carnival and fire works. We've been hanging out at the beach, and going out on the boat. Now that summer is finally here, we've been having fun outside!! Elle started crawling finally, and the last 2 nights slept from 8 until 5 (which is a MIRACLE for her - she was getting up 3-4 times a night for MONTHS). A few weeks ago I started supplementing with formula since being pregnant was not helping my milk supply, and as of this week have not been nursing. Its been really sad for me since I wanted to nurse for a year, but hey - she had NO formula until after she was 7 months, which is pretty good. Next time I'll make it a year!!!
I will get some pics up here from the past month, but right now I'm gonna be LAZY and watch a cheesy romantic comedy on TV and then go to bed!!
Happy 15th Birthday Langden
3 weeks ago


No comments:
Post a Comment