* In April we took a HUGE family vacation to Orlando!! It was a blast and we all had a GREAT time.
*Ryann is almost done with her first year of preschool. She is registered for Summer Recreational Soccer which will start the week after school let's out and she is sooo excited! She can't stop talking about it. We have been working on finding ways for Ryann to listen (yeah right!) and to stay calm when things do not go her way. She still tends to overreact BIG TIME to many things and it often turns into this huge ordeal; usually she cries so hard that she can't even get a breath. Example: The other night she went to bed and then yelled for me like she was hurt. I went in there and she said there was a bee in her room. I told her it was probably just a mosquito, so we turned on the light (waking Elle up) and looked for the mosquito. I didn't see a single bug in there so I told her to just go to sleep. She then began to cry because she didn't want the bug in her room. I left and let her just cry. Then she started screaming that the bug was by her head again. I went in there and killed a mosquito - she then began screaming that she didn't want a dead fly on her floor. She was choking on her tears and could hardly speak. Brett went in there and had to lay with her to calm her down. She kept saying "But I don't want that fly by me" over and over....and over and over. So yeah, we have been working on diffusing situations like that because they are becoming more frequent and it is hard to deal with!
*Ryann has started writing soooo much. She can write quite a few words by memory (Ryann, Elle, Morgan, Mommy, Daddy, Anna, Brett, I love you, up, hi) and asks to spell things all the time! She sometimes will sit at the table and write out the whole alphabet in a big line. She has also started pointing to words in books and asking what they are. Or she will see a word that starts with R and say - "Hey! That's R like my name!" Or "Hey! That's E like Elle!" I don't think it will be long before she is reading by herself!
* Elle continues to NOT talk. She will say "Da" to Brett if prompted, and will attempt to say words that sound like "isss" because that is the sound she makes for everything. She kinda said "cheese" "chance" and "teeth" but they all sound the same. She did say "Hi" today and waved, so that was intentional! She has a well-baby-check-up on Monday (18 month appt, but she is 19 months) and we will see if we will start some speech therapy soon!
* Morgan has found her hands and can pick things up. She loves to pick up toys and look at them and gets really upset when she drops them. She can now roll from her back to her belly, but has not figured out how to get back. She has not started any solids yet - we'll probably wait until mid July or so. She is a GREAT eater and a SUPER sleeper! I still don't sleep through the night, but it is mostly due to Elle waking up- not Morgan!
* We have been spending a lot of time outside lately. We set up the little pool and take walks to the church playground. We have been searching Craigslist for a swingset, but haven't found anything yet.
* We also took our house off the market (boo). It has been 3 years since we decided to sell and NOTHING!! It is so frustrating. So we are going to take the summer to really fix things up and maybe put it back up next fall. We'll see!
* I have decided to go back to school for my Masters in Science - Special Ed degree! I am really excited to LEARN! I feel like the last 4 years I have had no time for me, and going to school seems like a good way to use my brain again! The classes are online, which means I will be trying to do school work while at home with the kids. Maybe some days Brett will stay home and I can go sit at a coffee shop with my school work.....ah...that sounds PERFECT!!
So anyway.....that's a quick summary of the past 2 months. My good friend Leah is coming to visit in a couple weeks and I am sooooooo excited to see her (and her new little baby!) and I am having a garage sale the following weekend. Then we are going to the cities for the Tower Days festivities. We are going camping on the North Shore in July, and my 10-year reunion is in the fall! Lot's of fun in the next few months.
Here are a few pics of what we have been up to:
Playing in the mud after it rained for DAYS!


1 comment:
Thanks for the updates! :)
Post a Comment