This is from the book "The Power of a Positive Woman" By Karol Ladd:
"The Ten Commandments for an Unhappy Life:
1. Thou shalt hold on to bitterness and anger.
2. Thou shalt never get too close to anybody. Keepeth all of thy relationships at surface level.
3. Thou shalt wear a glum expression on thy face at all times.
4. Thou shalt put aside play and shalt inflict upon others that which was once inflicted upon thyself.
5. Thou shalt grumble about the small stuff, forgetting the bigger picture.
6. Thou shalt forget about others' needs, thinking only of your own.
7. Thou shalt hold regular pity parties, inviting others to joinest thou.
8. Thou shalt not take a vacation.
9. Thou shalt expect the worst in all situations, blame and shame everyone around thyself for everything, and dwell on the feebleness, faults, and fears of others.
10. Thou shalt be in control at all times, no matter what."
Well. This has been my attitude for far too long. I have been wasting days, nights, time with friends, and precious time with Ryann feeling so sorry for myself and my terrible life. It's time to make a huge change. I am going to try to think and therefore, be, more positive. I actually have a pretty great life, but I seem to forget that and dwell on the little things that happen to me. I find myself pushing away my closest friends, especially Brett, just to feel sorry for my life.
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.
"Dost thou love life? Than do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of." -Benjamin Franklin
"Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again, rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:4-7
I will tell myself "BE POSITIVE" every day, and pray that God will give me the strength to do so.....
Happy 15th Birthday Langden
3 weeks ago


No comments:
Post a Comment