Saturday, April 19, 2008

My New Little Niece

Last night at midnight Bretts brothers girlfriend had her baby at only 23 weeks. She went into labor from an infection and was airlifted to Fairview in the cities where she delivered a 1 pound 1 ounce little girl. Jenn and the baby are strong right now, the baby is stronger than the doctors thought she would be. She even cried when she was first born. But the next few hours and days will be very hard for them. The baby is at a huge risk for infection and the doctors are worried about her making it through an infection. Jenn, Sean and the baby need all the prayers they can get right now to make it through this scary time. Brett and I are driving down there to be with them tomorrow, and hopefully I will have comforting words....I never know what to do or say in situations like this. I will keep an update on here about how everyone is doing.

1 comment:

Our Home to Yours said...

Wow, Anna! Such a hard time for your brother and his girlfriend right now.. Having just gone through the NICU experience, I can say the most important thing you can do for her, is to just be there. To let her cry, talk, sit or whatever. Just to be supportive and loving means so much!!!! :) Plus, prayer support which is amazing!! I will be in prayer for your family, and the baby girl.. I hope she will get stronger every day!