We had a "Picnic Party" for her and it turned out to be really fun. I made (well, attempted to make) a s'more cake, which didnt look great but tasted amazing! We also had picnic food and the kids ate on the floor on a red and white checked tablecloth. My parents and Brett's parents came over, along with my sister Emily and surrogate sister Robyn. Ryann also invited her friends Nolan and Aviana (Olivia's kids) and Brett and Xander (Emily's kids). The kids had so much fun and Ryann had a blast. Every day since Saturday she has been asking if she can have a birthday party.

Here are a few pics of the kids playing with bubble wrap from my mom (a HUGE hit) and play-do from Kaarin (another huge hit).



And the best part of all was singing Happy Birthday to Ryann. She is a very emotional kid. Last week we sang Happy Birthday at ECFE and Ryann was so excited and happy that she cried. Brett wished he had been there and kept saying "I hope she cries!" Well, she did and I think the rest of us almost did as well. Here she is, my emotional and sensitive girl (hmmm...I wonder who she got that from???)
On another note.....today Ryann had a complete meltdown at Qdoba and I didn't take her to "school" (ECFE) because of it. We sat down to eat and she kept saying over and over that she wanted to go to school. I was telling her we had to eat first and then we would go. Well, she said she didn't want to eat and shoved her plate off the table onto the floor (she has never done this before) I said "Ryann!" quite harshly and picked her up and moved her so I could clean up the mess. She threw a complete fit and started screaming and crying and saying she wanted to go to school. I quickly cleaned up and started getting our coats back on because we obviously had to leave since it was dinner -time and very crowded in there. I got some to-go containers and was trying to get out the door when a nice older lady said, "Hang in there, Mom." I could have hugged her! I was on the verge of tears and she stopped them. Some guy that worked there helped me carry all my stuff out to my van and Ryann got even more frantic. I just buckled her in and said nothing because I didnt want to make things worse. We obviously werent going to school, since she was sobbing so hard she couldnt breath, kicking my seat so hard I had to move it forward, and screaming so loud that it literally hurt my ears. I told her we were not going to school and she needed to calm down before we got home. This made her scream bloody murder for the entire 25 minute drive home. When we pulled in the driveway she lost it once again and said she didnt want to go home she wanted to go to school. So i said fine and got Elle and started going in the house. Well, that didnt make her happy.....I got her in and quickly fed her a sandwhich and got her ready for bed (this is at 6:30). I was able to talk to her a little about why we didn't go to school today before she went to bed. I put her down at 6:40 and haven't heard a peep since.
What an evening.....it floors me when she acts like this. She has only done this in public a few times but its like she cant stop freaking out once she starts. All because she didnt want to eat dinner. Which would have been fine if she hadnt thrown it on the floor. Which wouldnt have been so bad if she hadn't lost her mind right there in the restaurant......
I feel really bad about the whole thing, but I really did nothing to make her freak out so bad. I didnt yell at her or anything, I actually stayed pretty calm, surprisingly. She just can't calm down once she starts acting like that. Anyways....tomorrow is a new day!


1 comment:
HI, you don't know me, but we have mutual friends. I just wanted to let you know...I totally feel for you, and feel like we are in the same boat! I have a little boy who will be 3-April 4th and he acts the same way on occasion. Yes, usually when he is tired. He can be silly, cute (okay adorable) hillarious, and then the icky 3 year old shines through at times. I just don't get it! I think you handled the situation perfectly! Three cheers for you!! I know how hard it can be especially with another little peanut to carry things and that was so nice of the worker. As well as the mom~ I think all mom's need encouragement during those situations as I think we have all been there! Check out my recent post on our blog called "free"!
PS--Our daughter's middle name is Ryann (after my hubby's middle name, but I just LOVE it!)Anyway, good luck with the 3 age--and if you ever want to just vent about it, feel free to leave me a comment cause I am sure I could vent too! ((I hope you don't think I am weird for leaving this message))
Post a Comment