Saturday, December 13, 2008

Back to work

So this week I had to go back to work. I have been working at Northern School in the library since the beginning of the school year. It's a decent job, I didnt need my teaching license for the job, but thats okay since Bemidji rarely hires teachers, I figured I'd get in the district any way I can. Getting regular paychecks is nice, too, since last year I subbed and it wasn't very regular. But I'll definitely go back to subbing next year. I really don't like leaving my girls to go to work. I would much rather be home, taking care of things around the house, and of course taking care of Ryann and Elle. But right now we really need to pay some things off to relieve some financial stress. So I am working and I only have 5 months to go! Luckily, I really enjoy my job and that helps a ton when I leave in the morning. This past week Brett had 3 days off, and didn't work til 1pm the other days, so he was home with the girls most of the week, and then his mom watched them for a couple hours when Brett had to go to work. Next week is going to be hard because I will have to drag 2 kids out into the horrible bitter cold at 6:50am so I can get to work on time. I am NOT looking forward to that!! But I know we will survive and when we have some things paid off it will be much less stress on Brett to support us all on his own.

Also, this week we ALL got sick! Brett, Elle and I have an awful cold that just won't go away, and Ryann has the same cold but much worse. She also has an ear infection in both ears and has been in a weird mood all week. That made it even harder to go to work in the morning!

So tonight we are preparing for the storm thats supposed to hit tomorrow. We are putting up plastic on the windows to keep the wind out! Its amazing how much wind can come through the windows in our old house. Last year it really seemed to help, its just a big burden to take the plastic down in the spring!

I need a baby book for Elle.....

No comments: